Women’s History Facts – Edgecliff College

In 1935, the Sisters of Mercy opened Our Lady of Cincinnati College to commuting students in the leased Walnut Hills Edgecliffe estate, formerly the home of Mary Emery. OLC was a hastily-arranged replacement for Clifton’s Sacred Heart, in those days called “Catholic Girl’s Colleges.” The bishop hoped that the little campus would provide a congenial[…]